Sunday, November 24, 2013

TA hours 11/24/13

Two hours in the TA session today (30 minutes with Nikki, the rest with Shani), and the tilt sensor has stopped functioning.  I wrote code to combine the tilt sensor and the Neopixel lights, and everything compiled properly, but it doesn't actually work in real life because of the situations the axes find themselves in.  That is, x can be greater than y but still less than z, so the tilt sensor just doesn't know what to do with the data.

Shani and I tried to figure out the new code from Audrey, but neither of us really understands what's going on with it.  We uploaded it to the Arduino and opened the serial monitor, and it basically just spewed out an incoherent stream of letters, which means that something's not hooked up properly.  We went to the blog where the code came from and tried to reconfigure the tilt sensor, but it still doesn't work.

Next, Shani and I focused in on my code, and I decided that it would be best to comment out one of the axes (x) so that the tilt sensor could be more focused.  It actually does respond and changes colors but then freezes and stops reading the data.  I don't know what to do about this.  It has happened multiple times, and I have no solution right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment