Sunday, December 8, 2013

And it's all done!

Just some final soldering/sewing.  I had some trouble getting everything to connect properly, but I de-soldered two wires and reconnected them in a more logical fashion, so that improved this greatly.  Here I'm sewing the SquareWear into the skirt, which was difficult to do without catching the outer chiffon layer (which I did a few times, prompting several restarts and some frustration).
SquareWear and battery placed, and all systems go!  I attached the battery with Velcro so that it can be replaced in the future but sewed down the wires connecting it to the SquareWear so that they wouldn't get in the way while dancing.
Lighting up red...
...and lighting up purple, at a different angle.
Time in the lab: ~2 hours
So excited to wear this for dance class tomorrow!  And for CS Week!  And for the final presentation on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment